GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer
- how it
The Guardian Technologies germguardian Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer harnesses the power of naturally occurring UV-C light technology making it an effective way to kill airborne bacteria and mold spores without the use of chemicals.
UV-C light is the same technology hospitals use to sanitize. Ideal for small rooms like the bathroom or bedroom, just plug it in to a wall socket to destroy bacteria and fight odors.
|Kills over 98% of airborne bacteria.|
|Fights odors from mildew, smoke, pet areas, cooking and more.|
|Kills airborne mold spores.|
|A special UV-C bulb is used that does not produce ozone.|
Model Number: GG1000 and GG1000CA
Construction: Plastic and aluminum
Working Weight: 1lb.
Air Processing: 456 cubic feet per hour
Bulb: 3.5 watt ultraviolet-c light bulb
Bulb Life: Approximately 4,000 hours
Special Features: Bacteria and Odor Elimination
Noise Level: Quiet
Warranty: 1-year limited product warranty. See instruction manual for further warranty information.
Length: 3.5 inches
Width: 3.5 inches
Height: 11.25 inches
How it Works
- Air is drawn into the product by a fan
- Air passes through UV-C chamber and is exposed to UV-C light
- Fresh air is sent back out into the room
What is UV-C?
UV-C is part of the ultra-violet light spectrum that is filtered out by the earth's atmosphere. The 'C' stands for the particular frequency of UV light that kills germs.
Why is UV-C so effective at destroying germs?
UV-C light is highly effective at penetrating thin-walled germs like viruses and bacteria. The light alters the genetic structure of the germs and they die.
Is this new technology?
No. UV-C has been used to kill germs for almost 100 years. The first usage was in France in 1909 to disinfect their water system. This technology is still used today in hospitals, commercial buildings and custom homes to kill germs.
UV-C Pluggable Air Sanitizer
- How big is the product?
The Pluggable is about eleven-inches tall and weighs approximately one pound.
- Is the product expensive to operate?
No. The UV-C bulb uses less energy than a standard light bulb.
- How long will the bulb last?
The UV-C bulb will last between 4,000 and 5,000 hours.
- Will I need to replace the bulb?
Yes, after 4,000 hours the bulb will lose approximately 15% of its efficiency. To maintain optimum performance it is recommended to change the bulb.
- How do I know when I need to change my bulb?
The bulb will flicker or change colors. That is an indication that the bulb is failing and needs to be replaced.
- Does the Pluggable emit ozone?
No. The type of UV-C bulb used in the Pluggable is a special one that does not emit ozone out of the product.
- How long is the warranty?
The Pluggable has a 1-year limited product warranty. See instruction manual for further warranty information.
- Does the product require regular cleaning or maintenance?
The only recommended maintenance is to replace the UV-C bulb.
- Where should I use the product?
The Pluggable can be used at home in an office environment, hotel rooms, doctor’s office, or anywhere indoors where there is a desire or need to sanitize the air and fights odors. The Pluggable is ideal for small rooms like the bathroom or bedroom. It is also great in pet areas or next to the diaper pail in the baby’s room. The Pluggable is not designed for outdoor use.
- Is the product safe around children or pets?
Yes. The Pluggable is as safe as any other device that uses 120V of electricity. While all children and pets are advised not to play with the unit there are no additional safety risks. The Pluggable is cool to the touch and safe around children and pets.
- If I buy the Pluggable will I get sick?
The purchase of a Pluggable does not prevent illness. Pluggable is designed to kill over 98 percent of airborne bacteria* and fights odors.
Welcome to the Guardian Technologies® Product Registration.
Please take a few moments to fill out the form below to register your product with Guardian Technologies®.
- LB1000 UVC Air Sanitizer Replacement Bulb for Model #GG1000, GG1000CA and GGH200 List Price:$19.99 Our Price:$14.99
Awesomely Amazing Product!!Posted by: Paula - Phoenix
Pros: small, quiet - very soft and low, worth every penny - no sick days for me. I purchased these last year after I had Strep twice from my 4th grade cherubs. I used them the last quarter of school and all of this school year. I have not been sick once. I also have had very few sick students (maybe 2 'truly' sick ones) out this year. I have tried to get my college student to get one in her dorm room. She told me they are not cool. My response was...being sick is not cool. :-)
Sweet!!!Posted by: Nicole H.
I complained of both my kids getting a cold to my mother-in-law and a few days later I had one of these show up in a package then a few days after that was another. I keep these plugged in almost constantly in both of their rooms and they are rarely sick! Some of it is genetics, some with the way I exposed them to public places when they were infants (immunity builders!) but I strongly believe these little units play a big role in that lack of illness! My daughter will be four in less than two weeks and has been on antibiotics twice, ever!!!! Thank you Germ Guardian!!! Buying three more now! :DWhat's great about it: It works!!!!!! What's not so great: whats not so great about it?
GreatPosted by: Jennie
I am not sure how long the bulb is supposed to last but it has been over a year and I just noticed the yellow colour of the light this weekend so I am very happy with this product. I use it in the kitchen and it really helps pick up the odors. I will be ordering more for the bathrooms.
Kills Mold DeadPosted by: Jacob
My condo has 3 small bathrooms, all with no windows. I run a GG1000 unit in each one to mitigate the mold spores which accumulate in dark, moist places. These units are great for small bathrooms, because they are so compact.
Worth the moneyPosted by: Paul
I purchased this unit for my living room, i have two dogs and this unit works wonders. the pet smell is no more. i will soon purchase more for my master bedroom. great product
GreatPosted by: Melissa
I've had this unit plugged in my little boys nursery since the day he was born. I just noticed that the light went from a white/blue color to yellow. It has been 19 months!!! I think it was well worth the investment, I will change the bulb and continue use through my second little boy. The light makes a great night light and the subtle hum is the perfect white noise for sleeping.
Far More Children Afflicted With Flu
Center For Disease Control and Prevention -U.S.
Overview of the Flu
Comprehensive Flu Information
General Flu Information
Learn more about UV-C (ultraviolet-c) light technology
UV-C Light Primer
Pandemic Flu Preparedness Information
Pandemic Flu Information
National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza
Learn more about the Avian Bird Flu
Bird Flu, Fears, Facts and Fiction
See How the Bird Flu has Spread
Learn about Colds and Flu
Learn about colds and flu