Refurbished RGG1000 Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer
The Guardian Technologies Pluggable UV-C Room Air Sanitizer eliminates over 98% of airborne bacteria. It also destroys odors and allergens like dust mites and mold spores. It uses natural UV-C light to sanitize the air.
UV-C light is the same technology hospitals use to sanitize.
Plug it in the kitchen or bathroom. Moms and dads love it next to the diaper pail, and pet owners use it to destroy germs and fight unwanted odors in pet areas.
The UV-C bulb should be replaced every 6-8 months depending on use.
- how it
- store locator
The germguardian® Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer harnesses the power of naturally occurring UV-C light technology making it an effective way to kill airborne bacteria and mold spores without the use of chemicals.
UV-C light is the same technology hospitals use to sanitize. Ideal for small rooms like the bathroom or bedroom, just plug it in to a wall socket to destroy bacteria and fight odors.
|Kills over 98% of airborne bacteria.|
|Fights odors from mildew, smoke, pet areas, cooking and more.|
|Kills airborne mold spores.|
|A special UV-C bulb is used that does not produce ozone.|
|Product efficacy is tested and proven by the Harvard School of Public Health and independent third-party laboratories.|
|*Over 98% efficacy is proven by tests performed by the Harvard School of Public Health and independent third-party laboratory testing.|
Product Specifications:Model Number: GG1000 and GG1000CA
Construction: Plastic and aluminum
Working Weight: 1lb.
Air Processing: 456 cubic feet per hour
Bulb: 3.5 watt ultraviolet-c light bulb
Bulb Life: Approximately 4,000 hours
Special Features: Bacteria and Odor Elimination
Noise Level: Quiet
Warranty: 30-day limited product warranty. See instruction manual for further warranty information.
Length: 3.5 inches
Width: 3.5 inches
Height: 11.25 inches
How it Works
- Air is drawn into the product by a fan
- Air passes through UV-C chamber and is exposed to UV-C light
- Fresh air is sent back out into the room
What is UV-C? UV-C is part of the ultra-violet light spectrum that is filtered out by the earth's atmosphere. The 'C' stands for the particular frequency of UV light that kills germs.
Why is UV-C so effective at destroying germs? UV-C light is highly effective at penetrating thin-walled germs like viruses and bacteria. The light alters the genetic structure of the germ and kills it.
Is this new technology? No. UV-C has been used to kill germs for almost 100 years. The first usage was in France in 1909 to disinfect their water system. This technology is still used today in hospitals, commercial buildings and custom homes to kill germs.
Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer
- How big is the product? The Guardian Technologies UV-C Air Sanitizer is about eleven-inches tall and weighs approximately one pound.
- Is the product expensive to operate? No. The UV-C bulb uses less energy than a standard light bulb.
- How long will the bulb last? The UV-C bulb will last between 4,000 and 5,000 hours.
- Will I need to replace the bulb? Yes, after 4,000 hours the bulb will lose approximately 15% of its efficiency. To maintain optimum performance it is recommended to change the bulb.
- How do I know when I need to change my bulb? The bulb will flicker or change colors. That is an indication that the bulb is failing and needs to be replaced.
- Does the germguardian® emit ozone? No. The type of UV-C bulb used in the Guardian Technologies Pluggable Air Sanitizer is a special one that does not emit ozone out of the product.
- How long is the warranty? The germguardian® has a 30-day limited product warranty. See instruction manual for further warranty information.
- Does the product require regular cleaning or maintenance? The only recommended maintenance is to replace the UV-C bulb.
- Where should I use the product? It can be used at home in an office environment, hotel rooms, doctor’s office, or anywhere indoors where there is a desire or need to sanitize the air and fights odors. The Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer is ideal for small rooms like the bathroom or bedroom. It is also great in pet areas or next to the diaper pail in the baby’s room. The germguardian® is not designed for outdoor use.
- Is the product safe around children or pets? Yes. It is as safe as any other device that uses 120V of electricity. While all children and pets are advised not to play with the unit there are no additional safety risks. The Guardian Technologies Air Sanitizer is cool to the touch and safe around children and pets.
- If I buy the germguardian® will I get sick? The purchase of this product does not prevent illness. It is designed to kill over 98 percent of airborne bacteria* and fights odors.
Welcome to the Guardian Technologies® Product Registration.
Please take a few moments to fill out the form below to register your product with Guardian Technologies®.