Lemon & Garlic Chicken Balls Recipe
Lemon & Garlic Chicken Balls (4)
Quantities may be halved for two people
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
1 pound lean chicken or turkey mince
3 cloves of garlic
2 medium slices of bread
1 tsp dried thyme or mixed herbs
Finely grated rind of one lemon
For the sauce
1 tsp vegetable oil
One small onion, chopped
One clove garlic, crushed
14oz can of chopped tomatoes
One green or red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
Black pepper to season
- Place the bread and garlic in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Add the mince, lemon rind and herbs and mix together.
- Lightly grease a non-stick baking sheet or tray with vegetable oil.
- Pre-heat the oven 350 if a fan oven, 400 otherwise
- Using a little flour to prevent the mixture sticking to your hands, form the chicken mixture into balls and place on the baking sheet. You should be able to make about 12–14.
- Cook for 20–25 minutes in the oven.
- Make the tomato sauce. Heat the oil in a non-stick saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic.
- Add the canned tomatoes and pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10–15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the chicken and sauce on a bed of basmati rice.
- Use turkey instead of chicken.
How Can Guardian Technologies Help?
If you find that after enjoying this delectable chicken dish that the stench of garlics still lingers in the room, we recommend restoring the pleasant smell of home with an Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser with Touch Controls. When you finish tidying-up the kitchen, simply add a few drops of PureGuardian® Essence Oil and tap on the Diffuser to start filling the room with a refreshing, cleanly fragrance. Try the Eucalyptus Essence Oil if you want to create a stimulating, energized environment.
Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer and Deodorizers and UV Air Purifiers with HEPA filter are other great options to help freshen the air around your house. Using natural UV-C light, these sleek air quality units destroy odors and allergens like dust mites and mold-spores – fast.